AAHGS has reserved a block of rooms at the conference venue.
College Park Marriott Hotel and Conference Center
3501 University Blvd. East
Hyattsville, MD 20783
Reservations: Call the hotel directly at 301- 985-7300
Located in College Park, MD
10 miles from downtown Washington, DC,
next to the University of Maryland Campus
There are also several other hotels nearby, if you choose to stay elsewhere.
Price Per Night
- $139.00 plus (13%) tax
- Special room rates of $139.00 (King and Queen) are available for AAHGS conference registrants. There is a sales tax of 13% on each guest room.
- The conference room rate is available beginning on Sunday, October 6th through Sunday, October 13th. for those wanting to arrive early to conduct personal research or attend the pre-conference tours which take place October 7-11, 2019.
- The conference will be held October 10-12, 2019. Call the hotel directly at 301-985-7300 and ask for the AAHGS Conference rate.
- ATTENTION: Please be advised that, if you reserve a room in the AAHGS block, College Park Marriott Hotel and Conference Center will charge you a deposit of one night’s stay plus tax. This deposit will be refunded if you cancel by September 9th. Otherwise, it will be applied toward your final bill.
Transportation From Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National DCA, Hotel direction: 11. mi Northeast, Estimated taxi fare: $50.00
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – BWI, Hotel direction: 21.0 mi South, Estimated taxi fare $60.00 USD (one way)
- Washington, DC/Dulles IAD, Hotel direction 35 mi east, Estimated taxi fare $80.00 USD (one way)
- Complimentary shuttle to take guests in 3 miles Radius to over 20 local restaurants and the NARA Archives, College Park or Greenbelt Metro Station
|Number of Rooms in Hotel:||227 rooms, suites|
|Number of Queen Beds:||101|
|Number of King Beds:||136|
|Number of Accessible Rooms in hotel:|| |
|Number of elevators:||6|
|The Comfort Restaurant|
Restaurants and Lounges
- The Common
Complimentary Shuttle to local eateries, i.e., The Grill